This offer is now closed and installation of the Boilers well under way
Green Fox Community Energy has worked closely with John Cleveland College (JCC) in Hinckley, Leicestershire to develop the first community energy share offer in Leicestershire.
We are seeking to install new renewable woodchip heating system at the school to replace the existing fossil fuel oil-fired heating system. The project will have a number of positive social and environmental impacts, including:
- Cutting carbon emissions by over 400 Tonnes of CO2 per annum
- Raising a Community Benefit Fund to support local community and environmental projects
- Stimulating local woodfuel production in the National Forest
- Funding development of further renewable energy projects in the local area
- Cutting fuel bills for the College and giving students and local community the chance to learn about renewable energy
The purpose of the share offer is to raise a minimum of £640,000 to fund the installation. Each investor, whatever their stake, becomes an equal member of the JCC Woodheat Co-operative on a one member one vote basis.
THE SHARE OFFER
Members can be individuals or organisations, and can invest from £250 to £20,000. In the event that the Offer is oversubscribed, applicants living locally to the College will be given priority.
The projected internal rate of return over the life of the project is 9%.
The Co-operative also intends to apply for Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) tax relief for the Project. If granted, eligible tax payers can claim a tax rebate on their investment, potentially increasing effective rate of return to over 12%.
All investment and commercial activities carry risk.
Investors should take appropriate advice and make their own risk assessment whilst bearing in mind the social and environmental aspects of the Project. Those interested in investing should do so only after reading the share offer document in full and taking appropriate financial advice.
VIEW THE SHARE OFFER DOCUMENT
To view the Share Offer Document, please either:
- CLICK HERE or on the image of the share offer document to download a PDF copy
- CLICK HERE to view the document via issuu.com
- Contact Green Fox to receive a printed copy
To make your investment, you can either:
- Invest online, through Microgenius: http://microgenius.org.uk
- Send a cheque with a completed application form (found within the share offer document). If you do not have a printed copy of the share offer, please either print out and complete the two application form pages within the document, or contact us to get a printed copy.
In the meantime, if you intend to invest in the project, we would be delighted if you could let us know using the pledge form below. (Completing the form carries no obligation for subsequent investment – it helps us keep track of levels of interest and to contact interested investors.)